Thus, the old dress shirt wreath was born.
Originally, I was going to make a cute yarn wreath, but I'm a cheapskate and didn't want to spend money on the supplies. However, I still wanted something cute for our front door. So, I dug through the clothing we had bagged up to go to the thrift store.
After some wrapping, sewing, and gluing, this is how it turned out:
This is how you make the wreath:
1. Cut an old dress shirt into strips and sew them together.
You do not need to cut them precisely AT ALL. I mean, look at some of the scraggly strips I made.
2. Get a picture frame mat (or use an actual picture frame if you want to get all fancy) and wrap the long fabric strip around it.
Now that I think about it, if you don't have a picture frame mat around, you could probably just cut a cool wreath shape out of cardboard.
3. Make some cute fabric flowers.
4. Use a glue gun to glue a button in the center of each flower.
5. Use the glue gun to make any finishing touches on the wreath (like fixing stubborn material that won't stay in place).
That's it! Pretty easy, right? Now go! Rummage through your house and find items you are thinking about throwing out and make something cool out of them!
Will you share this post? Better yet, Will you follow along?