19 July 2012

Mother's Room Appreciation

Lorin and I went to the mall in Idaho Falls to buy him some new shoes the other day. We have both learned that our lives can only function in two hour increments (Miranda's feeding times). So, we knew this trip was definitely on a time schedule. After looking around the mall for a little while, Miranda was hungry and needed a diaper change. When I got to the bathroom, I expected to see just a fold-out changing table attached to the wall. Not only did the bathroom have a changing table, but there was a small mother's room right next to the bathroom. I was thrilled! I was able to feed Miranda and shop for a little longer. Maybe this doesn't seem like a big deal, but my shopping experience turned out to be great because I didn't have to sit down on a bench in the middle of the mall and attempt to discretely nurse my baby (I'm still trying to get over my fears with the nursing in public thing. Does it make other people feel awkward? I don't know.). I guess there are some things you never appreciate until you're a mom.

2 comments:

  1. I love this lady's blog. She wrote about how she got over her fear of nursing in public- if you want to read it... http://www.natthefatrat.com/search?q=on+nursing+in+public

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bronte! I loved this post. It was so helpful.

      Delete

What are your thoughts, my friends?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This