18 February 2013

A Mom's Guide to Losing Weight

Step 1: Have your child cry and scream every time you put her down to make something to eat.
Step 2: Put a wrong ingredient (as your child is screaming) in your recipe and have to throw it out because it tastes like poop.
Step 3: Attempt to make the recipe again, only to have the main ingredient accidentally slip from your hands and land right in some garbage juice at the bottom of your trash can.
Step 4: Just give up trying to eat your meal.

Today has been one of those throw-the-vegetable-peeler-across-the-kitchen days (and I even felt better after throwing it!).

Thank goodness for nap time!

Then, when I went to get Miranda after she woke up, she peeked at me through the bars of her crib with those big blue eyes and smiled.

OK...I'll forgive you this time (as I say this for the hundredth time).

That smile gets me every time.


Will you share this post? Better yet, will you follow along? Thank you!

7 comments:

  1. Our kids being cute is the only way they survive. I swear. And they know just when to use their cuteness, too. They're like little evil masterminding geniuses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahaha...thank you. You have always seemed so poised and accomplished. It's nice to hear, that even someone like you (who I know is a great mom) has days when she just has to huck something across the room. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I do have those days. I think everyone has their breaking point where they just need to give something a good throw.

      Delete
  3. This is from your mom. I had those kind of days with you when you pulled hundreds of books off our bookshelf for the 10th time that day while throwing all your toys and screaming in a fussy fit. Then, when I was ready to blow a gasket, you'd look up at me with a big smile and scrunched up nose and I'd forgive you too. I'd give anything to have those days back again. Love you with all my heart Bitty Boo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you didn't give up on me, Mom (or strangle me)! I love you too.

      Delete
  4. Your daughter has beautiful eyes, they are really quite stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Those eyes are the reason she gets away with everything--that sneaky baby.

      Delete

What are your thoughts, my friends?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This