14 February 2013

Blog Tip: Comment Reply Notification for Blogger Users

***Update:
I no longer use this method to communicate with my readers. I have found that Disqus works a lot better for me for replying to blog comments. However, feel free to continue reading if you are interested.
***

Happy Valentine's Day! Because I love all of you, here is a blogging tip about notifying readers when you reply to their comments on your blog posts.

Thanks to my friend Nancy at Owen's Olivia, I was able to find the answer to the following question/situation:

I will reply to readers' comments on my blog, but a lot of the time the readers don't see my reply (unless they go back to the post to see if I commented--ain't nobody got time for that!). Blogger doesn't send a comment notification email to them. I know people can subscribe to the post and receive follow-up comments, but is there a way to automatically send them an email notification when I reply to their comment if they did not subscribe?

The answer is YES, there is a way reply to individual reader comments through email! However, Blogger does not automatically send a notification when you reply on the comment thread. You need to set up your blog to send a comment notification email to you. From there, you can email your reply to the reader directly.

This is what the comment reply will look like:




Now, this is what you need to change on your Blogger settings in order to receive blog comments in your email:



Remember to save your settings and Voila! Now your blog readers can know that you value the things they say when you reply to their comments through email.

Please let me know if you have any further questions about this.

Will you share this post? Better yet, will you follow along? Thank you!

11 comments:

  1. https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7047879680/hF83E1AB4/
    -The Lor

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed out loud at your reference. It's true, though...nobody has time for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! I have asked some of my blogger friends how they do it and they couldn't remember which settings they had!!! This is great!

    Found you from a fan of yours....Laura from Girl in Flight

    Iris♥ @ The BlueBirdhouse

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good post! I used to have this setting on earlier, but had to disable because of the tens of emails I received each day. Besides, some bloggers/commenters don't even expect or need a reply because of a random comment they'd leave just for a back link, you know what I mean?

    For people that wanted to have a genuine discussion or answer to a question, I'd just hope they'd come back to check a reply...because I feel a reply within the comments would help another reader too.

    What I would really like is a plugin (it's there in wordpress i think) where if you/others reply to a comment on the post itself, it'd automatically send the same comment in an email to the commenter to notify the response.

    P.S.: The YouTube video ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you! I wish there was a plugin that could solve this problem. For now, this works for me. It is kind of a bummer that people can't see my reply on the thread to keep the discussion going. I used to reply through email and then copy and paste my response onto the thread...but yeah, that died out pretty fast. Ha! Glad you liked the video! Thank you for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Or may be I will search in case some genius in programming has come up with a code for Blogger. If I find something, will share with ya :-)
    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agree with spusht... it's frustrating that Blogger is so bad with comments. I used to have Intense Debate, but it crashed all the time, which was more frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, Deb. I haven't heard of Intense Debate, but I now know to steer clear of it!

      Delete
  8. thanks for this! I really want to be able to let people know I read their comments and reply!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This method is not working anymore right? because I cant see the user e.mail for the reply...

    ReplyDelete
  10. It should still work. Email me and I can talk you through it.

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts, my friends?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This