14 February 2013

Valentine's Day Cookies (AKA the Best Sugar Cookies You Will Ever Eat)


In my college days, my roommate's mom used to send our apartment the most delicious sugar cookies--unlike any sugar cookie I had tasted before. They are so good that I have decided to share this recipe with the world. Happy Valentine's Day!

Sugar Cookie with Orange Zest Recipe
3 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cube butter
1/2 cup sour cream
zest of 1 orange

Preheat oven to 400

Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt in a small mixing bowl.

In a large bowl, mix sugar, egg, vanilla, butter, and sour cream.

Gradually add flour mixture until well mixed.

Mix in orange zest.

Roll out 1/4  inch thick on floured wax paper or foil. Use cookie cutter or cup to cut into shapes.

Bake for 10 minutes at 400

Frosting Recipe
1 cube butter
4 cups powdered sugar
5 Tbs. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
food coloring, if desired
whip all together until the texture of frosting.


Now, we are waiting for daddy to get home so we can surprise him!

Will you share this post? Better yet, will you follow along? Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. It will be his best Valentines day ever... love that face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. Oh my goodness...Miranda is so cute. More pictures please? hah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Zoie! I think I am going to put up a picture post with some more photos of Miranda pretty soon.

      Delete

What are your thoughts, my friends?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This