12 March 2013

Buttermilk Syrup: After This, You Will Never Look Back

This stuff is pure heaven on pancakes. You will just have to try it to believe it.

This is what you will need:
1 cube of butter
1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of buttermilk (click here if you need a buttermilk substitute)
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 teaspoon of baking soda

Heat the butter, sugar, and buttermilk in a pot over the stove until the butter is melted.
Bring the mixture to a boil for 1 minute.
Add the vanilla and baking soda and stir well (the syrup will have foam on the top).

Pour immediately over your pancakes and enjoy!

Will you share this post? Better yet, will you follow along? Thank you!

5 comments:

  1. Hi there! Saw you on Bloggy moms! New follower via GFC. Come over and say hi at http://theresmagicoutthere.blogspot.com
    https://www.facebook.com/Theresmagicoutthere

    -Alvina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sara. I grew up on homemade syrup in Miss. I told my kids that when we ran out of syrup, we made ours, except that we only used sugar and water in a pot. This looks much more interesting/tasty and it probably makes it thicker than the sugar and water. I'm tempted to try this... Visiting from http://makeitorfixit.com. Stop by when you get a chance. I'm definitely following to check out what's to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon! Thanks so much for visiting! You will love this syrup. I checked out your blog and it is awesome and I just started following you. We are new homeowners and don't have much money to go out and buy new things, so your blog is perfect for me. We do a lot of fixing things ourselves.

      Delete
  3. This looks delicious, yum! I saw your post on bloggy moms and following you on GFC now. I look forward to your future posts! You can find me at

    http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for following! I love cooking and am always looking for great recipes. Now I know where to go!

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts, my friends?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This