26 March 2013

Husbands Need to be Romanced Too

OK, I'm going to brag for a second (this will be quick, I promise).

I have to say that I married a pretty awesome guy.

Lorin is really good at planning dates and family outings. He planned out trips such as our Washington DC excursion, our hike at Raven Rock State Park, and for our last anniversary, he surprised me with a trip to the beach.

Since he is so good at finding fun things for us to do, I kind of took the back seat with planning dates or family outings, expecting him to pretty much do everything. I didn't do this intentionally, it just happened.

Then, during one of our spouse inventories, Lorin told me that he would really like to see me plan some of our dates once in a while. It had never occurred to me that I kind of just expected him to assume responsibility over our dating life.

So, I decided to step it up.

Now that I realize that I am equally responsible for mine and Lorin's dating life, I am always on the lookout for fun things to do. I have to say, I've planned some pretty awesome dates since then (I'm sure Lorin is proud!).

So, as far as dating Lorin goes, I can't expect him to be romantic all the time and plan all these really neat dates if I'm not willing to do the same for him.

Husbands need to be romanced too!

Will you share this post? Better yet, will you follow along? Thank you!
Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. We both plan dates, which is fun! I'm probably most guilty of not arranging dates that tailor to Simon's interests specifically, I mean, we both love hiking and going out to dinner, but he will take me out to see a girly movie and I don't do anything like that for him, really. So I'm going to work on that! Thanks for such a thought-provoking post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True. True. I think for Matt and I we just need to go on dates. Period. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many ideas out there that you can do and I bet he will enjoy the surprise of what you come up with. ☺

    Iris♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok....I never even thought to romance my husband...this is definitely food for thought!

    btw, I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award take a look here: http://adoseofjules.blogspot.com/2013/03/my-first-liebster-award.html

    have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree! Aaron and I decided a while back that we would take turns planning dates and FHE. It helps a lot so we don't do all boy activities or end up going dancing every week. Loved your post!

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts, my friends?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This