- Tearing baby wipes in half
- Cutting dryer sheets in half
- Resisting the temptation to buy fast food (Lorin and I have been going strong with this since December!)
- Shutting off the heater during the day and bundling up
- Skipping out on getting my hair washed and styled when I get a haircut (I paid $25 for my last haircut instead of $40 with a wash and style. You can ask your hairdresser ahead of time what the price difference will be for you.)
- Bumming Netflix off our parents rather than paying $8 a person to see a movie in the theater (I know, we are cheapskates)
- Renting movies from the library for free (you would be surprised at the great selection some libraries have)
- Doing our own yard work and house repairs rather than paying someone else to do them
- Having kid exchanges with friends rather than paying a babysitter to watch Miranda when we go out on dates
- Devoting my income from tutoring to go towards paying extra on my student loan
- Being involved in the grocery store rewards program (we just received a $10 store credit and a bunch of coupons in the mail for acquiring a certain amount of rewards points)
- Being involved in the online rewards program for the diapers and wipes you usually buy
- Checking for coupon codes online before making an online purchase (a lot of times you can get free shipping with this)
That's all I can think of right now, but I am interested in learning about how YOU save money. What are some of your best money-saving tips? Please share! Lorin and I will probably use them.
Will you share this post? Better yet, will you follow along? Thanks!