19 March 2013

Things I Didn't Expect About Motherhood

I didn't expect...

...that all my internet searches on "What does childbirth feel like?" would be futile. What I really should have been Google-ing is "How to sit down on a couch after childbirth?"

...that I could actually live a happy life on three hours of consecutive sleep.

...that I'd be OK with sporting baby barf on my shirt all day long.

...that I would use my baby as an excuse to get out of things I didn't want to do (you know you've done it too!).

...that I would memorize the songs from Miranda's baby toys and sing them around the house like they were the hottest jams that ever hit the music charts.

...that a baby could look so cute after spending nine months in a dark cave, surrounded by my internal organs.

...that I would really enjoy being a stay-at-home mom.

To be continued...

What are some things that you didn't expect with motherhood?

Will you share this post? Better yet, will you follow along?
Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. It seems to me that having children is in a way like a crash course in being humbled. I'm so inspired by parents who chug forward with children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post Sarah. Motherhood is a wonderful and interesting journey and I truly enjoyed reading, 'what you didn't expect' about it.

    Cheers,

    Char

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Char! I am glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  3. Hi Sarah :) Love your blog! Came across from The Blue Birdhouse... :) Your so funny! I agree about Googling the How to sit after giving birth. To funny. lol ;) Nothing Can EVER prepare you for what its really like with your first. :) I have a 3 year old little boy now. :) I am still scared about giving birth next time if the Lord blesses us with another little one. Hehe ;)
    Would love to hear from you!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Melissa! Thanks so much for reading! I am nervous about doing the whole birth thing again too--well, actually I'm more nervous about the recovery part. That was the hardest part for me.

      Delete
  4. Oh... my blog is over at: www.missmelissajane.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts, my friends?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This