10 April 2013

A Splash of Color

If it were up to me, I would probably paint the walls of our house different shades of bright colors. To compromise with my inner desire to make the inside of our house look like a rainbow, I am working on finding ways to use accent colors.

Yesterday, Lorin, Miranda, and I went down to Home Depot and bought some bright yellow paint for our mailbox post.

Here is our boring mailbox post before:


Before painting, I sanded the wood down. I then applied my yellow oil-based paint. PLEASE, don't be like me and go into using oil-based paint uninformed. Yeah...it was sort of a mess. Luckily, we had a little bit of paint thinner in our shed. If you haven't used this type of paint before, do your research before painting. Here is a good place to start.

Now, here is the mailbox with a splash of color:


This was a really easy and fun project (minus the time I spent freaking out about the paint not coming off of my hands). The project took me about two hours to do.

Will you share this post? Better yet, will you follow along? Thank you!
Follow on Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. Love it! Are you going to do your door, too, like you said? Because I think that would be pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have now become "that one house with the yellow mailbox" You are a landmark! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and cheerful. If you haven't found it yet, check out Houzz.com I'm so addicted to it. My house is a rainbow house inside - I love color

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love it! Yellow is such a happy color. It says "a happy family lives here."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carole! That is exactly why I chose yellow--it makes me happy! I am sure it makes the mailman happy too.

      Delete
  5. Um.......HELLO!!!! Flippin awesome new design! I love it so much! :) I wish you lived closer and I'd have you blog-tutor me, my technology skills can not keep up with the ideas in my head. Seriously though, LOVE it!
    Oh, and yeah, that paint is rough to get off. But your mailbox is fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that yellow color!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts, my friends?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This