08 April 2013

Our Guide to Marriage and Family

I usually don't make religious posts on my blog, but this weekend was a special one for me. In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, every six months we have something called General Conference. This is a time where the whole body of the church meets together to hear our leaders speak on a wide array of spiritual topics.

The reason why this conference was so important to me was because I felt like I received guidance on how to better myself and my family.

People joke about how they wish children came with an instruction guide and how parents pretty much just have to figure things out on their own.

The thing is, I really feel like Lorin and I have an instruction guide through the teachings of Jesus Christ that we learn at church. Not only do I feel like we have a guide for how to raise Miranda, but I feel we have one for our marriage as well as our lives as individuals.

I can honestly say that Lorin and I have a really good marriage despite our mistakes and imperfections. Both Lorin and I have crappy moments every now and again, and we have both gone through hard times together. The thing that keeps us and our family grounded is our joint goal to make Jesus Christ the center of our home.

I know everyone has different ways of finding peace and happiness. Well, this is what makes me and my family happy. I truly believe that the reason why Lorin and I have a good relationship and a strong family is because we really try to apply the teachings of Jesus Christ inside and outside of our home.

Now I have a question for you. What brings you peace and happiness in your life? If you feel comfortable with sharing, I would really like to hear what you have to say.

P.S. If you have any questions about what I wrote today, feel free to email me. Or, if you just want to explore your questions on your own, here is a good place to start.

Will you share this post? Better yet, will you follow along? Thank you!
Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Sarah, I love this blog post. And I truly loved conference this weekend. I have been really craving hearing the voices of the prophets because things have seemed so negative and hopeless lately.

    I know what you mean about having instruction guides for parenting, marriage, and life. When I'm feeling depressed or out of control in my life, I can usually find an area of my spiritual health that is being suppressed. After listening to conference, I am super fired-up and ready to start tackling the spiritual projects in my life that need renovating. And even though I have about a million of them, I know that as long as I'm trying, I'm doing great. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel, Britney! I was there too. I just felt kind of stagnant with my spirituality and needed a push. Just like you, after listening to conference I feel hopeful and excited to become closer to God. Thanks so much for your comment, Britney. You are awesome!

      Delete
  2. Sarah....I find peace when I go to church and pray, but I must say that I have lost my way for a while now. Life got in the way and I didn't carve out time for church or for fellowship. But, I must say that that is where I find peace. Thank you for posting this ~ makes me re-evaluate things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, your wedding pic looks like an ad. Am I right?!

    Since having Owen, I have always felt like I knew how to take care of him. I'm sure it's a blessing the Lord has bestowed upon us mothers.

    Church brings me peace. On a temporal level, dabbling in my insane crafts brings me happiness, but rarely peace. :)

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts, my friends?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This