02 May 2013

No Toilets for Me!

Via
When Lorin and I got engaged, I faintly remember someone saying, "It will be interesting to see who ends up with what responsibilities after you guys get married."

Huh?

I wasn't quite sure exactly what that comment meant until a couple months into marriage. Now that Lorin and I have been married about three years, I know exactly what it means.

It means I put other people's crap away, and Lorin mows the lawn.

It means I take care of the baby during the day, and Lorin works/goes to school.

It means I take out the trash, and Lorin fixes the car.

It means I fix the dinners, and Lorin does his homework.

It means I do the laundry, and Lorin cleans the toilet.

It means I water the garden, and Lorin unclogs the drains.

I could go on and on.

We have a pretty good system going on. It makes things run efficiently around this place.

I'm not sure how or when we decided to take on certain responsibilities, but I'm sure glad I didn't get stuck with cleaning the toilet.

Will you share this post? Better yet, will you follow along?
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. When we got married we verbally decided who would have what jobs (or not -Dave hates taking out the trash) and then we just migrated to the jobs we did best or the jobs that fit into our lives. Sometimes they have changed but some will be mine for life - I don't mind. We both help and work together, that is the key. Both give 110% and you will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that. I'm so glad Kevin is willing to clean the toilet. I hate cleaning that thing.

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts, my friends?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This