30 August 2014

What I've Learned from Cutting Out Facebook

Last November, I wrote a blog post about how I told Lorin to change my Facebook password. Well, I just wanted to give you an update on how things are going with that.

First off, I am still going strong with this and overall,  I have found it to be an really positive change. Here are some of the observations I have made from cutting down on Facebook (the good and the bad).
  • I only feel a need to go on Facebook about once a week and sometimes once every other week-Before, I would waste so much time on Facebook throughout the day. I feel like I have more free time to do the things I really want to do. 
  • Whenever I do go on Facebook, I find that the world has not passed me by-Before making the goal to cut down on Facebook, I was worried I was going to miss out on important events in my friends' lives. I have found that I can still keep up with people by going on Facebook less and trying more to give personal phone calls or visits to see how they are doing. 
  • I sometimes fill my time going to other social media or time wasting Websites. This is something I have to watch out for.
  • I have strengthened relationships by hanging out in person more rather than interacting over Facebook-Since I'm not interacting with friends over Facebook on a regular basis, I find myself wanting to hang out with people in person more often. I now make a better effort to schedule girls nights or play dates so I can hang out with my friends. 
  • I've lost some friends because I don't interact with them on Facebook all the time-Well, I don't want to say lost, as in they are gone forever, but we just don't talk anymore. 
  • I don't compare myself to others as much as I did before-Although I still have issues with comparing myself to other women, it isn't as bad as it was before. There were so many times where I would go on Facebook and come away feeling bad because I wasn't as cool, funny, creative, spiritual, talented ect. as some of my other friends on Facebook. Through personal interaction, I find I have more in common with and can relate to the women I hang out with in person rather than trying to compete with the best sides of people that show up on Facebook. 
Like I said, this has been a really positive choice for me, and I am really happy with how things are going. Just thought I'd give you a little update. 
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts, my friends?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This