12 October 2014

Relief

I miss the comfort of catching a cold and having my mom bring me in a mug of hot tea to soothe my sore throat. Having my parents take care of me when I'm sick--I think I miss that the most with being so far away from family.

I caught a nasty cold when my parents came for a couple week visit at our home recently, and I about cried when my mom handed me a steaming mug of honey lemon to help my cough.

These past two weeks have been full of meals I didn't have to cook, dishes I didn't have to wash, and a house I didn't have to clean. My parents took care of us.

Miranda had endless tea parties with Grandma and Grandpa while Lorin and I slept.

It was such a relief from the broken dishwasher, car repairs, bills, and work.

Even though my parents have gone back to their home in Hawaii, I feel a sense of renewal because of their help.

Thank you, Mom and Dad.

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts, my friends?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This