03 November 2014

4 Ways to use Halloween Candy to Your Advantage

If you are a parent, you probably understand that Halloween is both a blessing and a curse. Halloween is such a fun time to go to parties, eat treats, and see your child(ren) dress up in adorable costumes. However, one too many pieces of candy can turn these cute children into raging hobbits of fury. I'm telling you, I've been there, and I feel your pain. This is why I am going to share 4 ways to use your child(ren)'s Halloween candy to your advantage.

1. Bribery. Miranda is going through a stage where she is wanting to do away with her daily nap, but the thing is, I'm not ready. In fact, I don't know if I will ever be ready to give up that precious nap. So what do I do? I tell her that if she takes a nap, then she gets a piece of Halloween candy when she wakes up. It works like a charm, and is a win-win situation.

2. Bribery. Miranda is sometimes a picky eater and doesn't appreciate the fine foods I offer to her at dinner. However, if I tell her she gets a piece of candy for finishing her dinner, she starts stuffing her face.

3. Did I mention bribery? 

4. Sneaking candy. In a perfect world, children would understand the time and energy their parent(s) put into making an enjoyable Halloween for their kids. Wouldn't it be awesome if your child said, "Hey Mom, thanks for taking me out trick-or-treating for three hours, have some candy. You deserve it." Instead, you have eagle eyes watching your every move, making sure no parent touches the candy. This is why you have to look for opportunities to sneak some candy here and there. This way, you can enjoy some of the fruits of your labor.

Now that I have shared my secrets with you (which you probably already know and practice anyway), I want to let you know that we had a FANTASTIC Halloween. We kicked off Halloween a week early by attending our church's Halloween party and trunk-or-treat. Then, a couple days later, Lorin's dad flew in to see us. We had so much fun having him here. On Halloween day, Dad Baird and I took Miranda to Garner's Trick-or-Treat Trails. At this event, local businesses set up booths around a one-mile trail at White Deer Park and hand out candy. After that, we ate pizza, drank soda, put Miranda to bed, and watched The Grudge. Yes, Miranda did turn into a raging hobbit of fury that night, but we still love her.

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts, my friends?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This