16 March 2015

Stuffed Animals and God

Miranda has a ton of stuffed animals, a TON. Every day, she will drag her animals around for tea parties and other fun activities. At the end of the day, the animals will be scattered in different parts of our house, and Miranda, Lorin, and I will gather up her animals and put them on her little race car bed.

The interesting thing about this is she always knows if one of her animals are missing. If one is lost, she will go out searching for it and bring it happily back to her bed.

This happened a couple weeks ago, and a certain scripture from the New Testament came to mind:

Matthew 18:11-13

11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.

12 How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?

13 And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.

This little experience is important to me, and I feel like this was a special reminder for me from God about my relationship to him. I know not everyone believes in God. There was a time where I wasn't sure if He existed, but today I believe there is a God.

At the most basic level, my belief in God is the sum of all the experiences I've had where I have seen His hand in my life. Seeing His hand sometimes comes through a friend talking to me about my struggles, a sermon given at church that seems to be tailored just for me, my husband sensing that I need some extra help around the house on a certain day, or in the example I shared at the beginning, my child doing or saying something that teaches me an important principle. Being able to recognize these experiences is sometimes difficult for me, but as I actively look for God, I find Him.

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts, my friends?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This