15 September 2015

Less is More

"Less is more" seems to be a theme in my life as of late. This theme has also found its way into my clothing closet.

A while back, my sister sent me a link to a blog about capsule wardrobes. If you are unfamiliar with what a capsule wardrobe is, here is a definition for you:

-A collection of clothes and accessories that includes only items considered essential.
-A person’s basic collection of coordinating clothes that can be used to form the basis of outfits for all occasions.
-A set of clothing, normally around 24 items, which can be mixed and matched to create a wide variety of outfits. (Source)

I can't stand having things in my house I don't useeven if it is stuffed away in a closet where I can't see it. If things don't have a place and a purpose in my house, it goes on Cragslist or to the thrift store. I find that I am happier when I am not bogged down by clutter and lots of, well, stuff.

I don't have a capsule wardrobe yet, but I am in the process of figuring out my staple clothing pieces by putting my hangers backward on the items of clothing that I wear. Whenever I do the laundry, I make sure to put my used clothes backward on the hanger to signal what clothing items I wear. I am amazed to see that I wear the same items over and over and just let others sit for weeks on end.

Here are some things I am looking forward to with a capsule wardrobe:
  • Less laundry
  • Less time spent choosing an outfit
  • More closet space
This wardrobe isn't for everyone, but I think the idea behind it is a valuable one. Less is more! If this isn't for you, maybe there is another aspect of life that could use some de-cluttering. 

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts, my friends?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This